The Horse Shoe Inn , West Rounton was built in the early 1800's and has operated as a pub ever since. It shut in 2005 when its previous owner Mrs Hoare (95 years old) unfortunately had to go into a care home, during which time The Horse Shoe was closed. It was not until February 2010 when The Horse Shoe Inn was sold to a 'local' West Rounton Resident that the renovation of The Horse Shoe began.
Stan and Ann Taylor purchased the pub in order to provide West Rounton and the surrounding villages a 'traditional village local' after several of the pubs in the area closed and in many cases became residential properties.
The renovation of The Horse Shoe Inn has been an extensive one after years of neglect the pub had fallen in to extensive disrepair. But also with the premises being Grade 2 listed it was important that many of the original features (mainly exterior) were kept and lovingly restored to their former glory.
The prime objective was to start work as soon as possible since the closure of The Grey Horse was imminent and it sadly closed in April 2010. West Rounton village is a close knit community surrounded by several farms, and a lively friendly mix of people of all ages and professions.